Prime & Glow
FUTURIST AQUA BRILLIANCE™
WATERY GLOW PRIMER
TRIPLES SKIN'S MOISTURE INSTANTLY.
LOVES YOUR SKIN WITH OVER 80%
Primer & Setting Spray
What does face primer do? Primer helps your makeup stay on longer by smoothing the skin's surface and, in some cases, evening out skin tone. One of our best-selling primers, Futurist Aqua Brilliance™, is formulated to triple skin's moisture instantly and create a barrier between your delicate skin and the makeup products you apply afterward. It contributes to an even finish when you're applying foundation or contouring. So if you struggle with patchy, uneven or streaky makeup, primer can be a lifesaver. Other benefits of makeup primer can include:
Lots of people wonder, do you need primer before makeup? The answer depends entirely on your goals and preferences. You might have noticed that beauty influencers always seem to use it, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to. However, if you're aiming for a flawless finish, want your makeup to last a long time or wish to reduce the appearance of shine or make your skin glow; primer could be your best friend.
You'll need to match your primer to your makeup and beauty goals, as they're usually designed with a particular effect in mind. For example, if you're using a matte foundation but still want a dewy glow or if you need to reduce the appearance of pores for an even-looking application of foundation, then incorporating a primer is essential. The Mattifier Shine Control Perfecting Primer + Finisher reduces oiliness and combats shine for an elegant matte finish.
So, is primer necessary? If you want your makeup to look smooth, it's a great addition to your makeup routine.
Here's a quick explanation of how to apply makeup primer:
• Cleanse skin, use toner and moisturize using your favorite Estée Lauder products
• Apply a pea-sized amount of primer to the back of your hand—keep in mind that people with drier skin are likely to need a little more than those with oilier skin
• Use a finger to gather up the primer and gently massage into your cheeks, chin, forehead and nose
• Wait for the primer to fully dry before applying foundation
Understanding how to use makeup primer is straightforward, but if you have any questions, you can speak directly to an Estée Lauder beauty advisor.
How does primer help with makeup? One of the benefits of using a primer for skin, lips, eyes, or eyelashes is that it can help your makeup stay in place. For the best results, use primer in combination with a setting spray, such as Set + Refresh Perfecting Makeup Mist. Mist skin before applying makeup to help it set and reapply throughout the day to refresh. It contains electrolytes and caffeine to help boost skin’s radiance.
Pick Your Primer
Customize your complexion by pairing your
favorite foundation with a skin-perfecting primer.
Fresh, Hydrated Finish
FUTURIST AQUA BRILLIANCETM
WATERY GLOW PRIMER
- • Triples skin's moisture immediately
- • 80% skin-caring ingredients
- • Leaves skin looking healthy and radiant
Velvety Matte Finish
THE MATTIFIER SHINE CONTROL
PERFECTING PRIMER + FINISHER
- • Controls oil and reduces shine for a healthy-looking finish
- • Refreshes throughout the day
Smooth, Diffused Finish
UNIVERSAL PERFECTING PRIMER
- • Infused with skin-softening apricot essence
- • Helps diffuse the look of pores and imperfections